Friday, April 2, 2010

PostHeaderIcon Traveling South To San Luis Potosi

In a couple of weeks I am going to be heading to the state of San Luis Potosi to a village about 5 hours away from Victoria. The village is called Los Remedios and is the home of Pastor Heriberto, a recent graduate of Palabra de Vida Bible School. The region we're traveling to is known as "La Huasteca Potosina". I have gone through all my maps (even a local one I bought a few years ago from a street vendor when I was in Tamasopo) trying to find this village but with no success. It looks like I will just have to make it down as far as I can and get directions from the locals. The crusade is scheduled for the 14th-16th of May. I will be having a friend flying in from Missouri to join and minister with me at this crusade. Pastor Heriberto has told me the people in this particular area he's from in the past have been very hard to reach. So we're going to believe with him that God's going to do a work in  people's hearts. As I've been conversing back and forth with Pastor Heriberto on the phone he said that he's already been taking what we've taught him in our evangelism classes and going out several days a week to witness to people.  As a matter of fact, one day when I was on the phone with him he told me he was getting ready to head out the door to go witnessing. I was so happy to hear that! There's so many places in Mexico that still have yet to hear the Gospel proclaimed to them. Many of these people we go minister to are very poor and live in very rough conditions. Would you let love compel you to reach out and help us bring the Gospel to the people of this village by giving financially? We are needing $1500 to be able to cover the expenses of this "New Life Celebration" crusade. You can visit our "Sow a Seed" page on our website by clicking here and giving online. "Real people" are going to have an encounter with a "Real God". We'll keep you posted with updates and photos in the next coming weeks, so stay tuned. Have a great Easter weekend!

0 comments:

How To Give to PMI

Please send monthly missions support to the following address:

Family Worship Center
C/o: Ryan & Brenda Phillips
4925 East Bonne Femme Church Road
Columbia, MO 65201

-or if you prefer-

Give on our secure online giving page by clicking the following link: GIVE ONLINE

Visit Our Ministry Website

Visit Our Ministry Website
Click image above

Our Amigos